Today’s contemporary domiciles will normally have a more recent 4 prong energy socket on the wall surface for your dryer to connect into. It is now the typical in america and is safer compared to older 3 prong. Therefore, you may run into this predicament if you buy a slightly older dryer that still uses the 3 prong power cord. Where do you turn? You’ve got 2 options…
Choice 1 – You can hire a professional electrician to install a whole new 4 prong cord on the dryer. An electrician will often charge around $80 bucks to put in a power that is new in your dryer. Expert installation will not usually through the price of an innovative new 4 dryer cord that is prong. A 4 prong 30amp 250v dryer power cord will often price around $15 to $25 bucks in the event that you buy it your self. For you to buy the 4 prong dryer cord beforehand if you will be calling an electrician to install the cord, it may be cheaper. This might help save you around $40 dollars dependent on what the electrician will charge for the power cord that is new.
Option 2 – The other solution is to get a brand new 4 prong dryer energy cable and set it up your self. This job should take around 30 minutes if you have electrical experience. Nevertheless we suggest to engage an electrician when working with a predicament such as this. Then read on if using a professional electrician is not possible. If you have to install the latest dryer cord yourself, be sure to work with a UL indexed 4 prong replacement dryer power supply cable with flanged spade terminals for simple and fast connections.
This video to get an idea of what is involved to change the power cord yourself, first watch. Always power that is disconnect doing just about any repairs on an appliance!
- Choose the correct dryer energy cord.
- FOR PROTECTION: head to the dryer manufacturer’s internet site and locate the wiring diagram on the best way to attach the cable properly. The replacement cable you purchased could also have “How To Wire” diagram onto it additionally. The dryer may say on the also back exactly just what color and where in fact the wires link.
- Turn from the breaker towards the hookupwebsites.org/bookofmatches-review/ dryer.
- Unplug the dryer cord from power.
- Get access to the dryer by sliding it down very carefully.
- Get behind the dryer and take away the terminal block access panel (little panel with often one screw securing it).
- Loosen the screws keeping the cable cables in the terminal block.
- Detach the cord that is old.
- Loosen the screws from the cable stress relief.
- Slide the old cord out and eliminate completely.
- Slip the power that is new into place.
- Connect and tighten up the power that is new cables in the terminal block precisely and based on the manufacturer’s suggestions.
- Fasten the screws in the cable stress relief (in the event that brand new cable has a newer stress relief, usage that certain as opposed to the old one).
- Reinstall the terminal block access panel.
- Plug dryer cord in to the wall surface socket for the dryer.
- Switch on the breaker into the dryer.
- Testing the dryer to make sure it operates and gets temperature.
three to four prong cord installation on a dryer that is electric